Monday, May 17, 2010

Environment- Usage of papers

Our earth has given us many beautiful things to us. The resources that we use every day is taken from it.It has made our life beautiful by providing everything that we want-food ,shelter,clothes,etc..It secures our lives in all ways.As said in Gita, everything that we have with us,everything that we owe to others are taken from here.(earth).
what we give in return ? nothing. It is unfair to do bad to someone who always be good to us.This is exactly what we do to our earth and inturn to our selves.
We do pollution of all kinds.Lets not think complex.I would like to speak about some things which we do in our day to day life.

Use of paper:
I am sure that my friends would laugh at me when I talk about this topic-- unfair usage of papers.I have used a lot of tissue papers in my office rest rooms.We all do this everyday.Because no one asks for a rupee and its free…But not exactly…A lot of trees are cut every day.It is not without cost.it has a huge cost involved as we all know..the cost of spoiling the environment by deforestation..

I asked myself few questions… Who has given us the right to cut a tree when we have not planted one? You may ask me, “hey I am a software engineer and when did I cut the trees..I am not doing such a job”.

But we do…How?
By unfair use of paper at our printers and copiers.
By using a pair of tissues papers every face wash.
2 multiplied by 4 times a day,5 days a week ,52 weeks per year= 2080 tissues/year. Multiplied by XX number of employees.
I really do not know how many tons we use..But I came to know we need to cut 24 trees for a ton of paper.Is’nt it costly….I let you to count.

What is the alternatiive?
Simple..Go back to our school days where our mom pins a cloth to our uniform…yes ..use hand kerchief.